Sunday, October 23, 2005

Things I can cross off the "I've never..." list

Today we were supposed to go to the pumpkin patch. It's a tradition that my sister goes with us and last year we finally found a great patch after some pathetic attempts that culminated in going to the grocery store for pumpkins. It's been beautiful for nearly all of October and we were really excited, then of course, it's pouring today. We wouldn't have been deterred except I don't know how to keep a baby dry in the rain. There's probably some super polypropelene baby pouch gizmo, but I don't have one.

So, we decided to go to breakfast and see Wallace and Gromit. Should have been great. We have a breakfast place that knows us all by name, and we know them. They even held Gigi for me so I could eat my food. (Yes, I gave my baby to the waitress!)

But, hmm, perhaps the hash browns weren't such a good idea. Or maybe it was the blueberry pancakes. Who knows. But by the time we got to the theater I jumped out of the car while in the middle of the road, told Randy to park and bring up the kids and ran to the restaurant, hopping from garbage can to garbage can like I was playing Frogger to avoid throwing up in the middle of the lobby. Thankfully I made it to the bathroom in time.

I then met everyone in the theater, where we sat in the back so I could nurse the baby during the movie.

And those would be two things I can no longer use in the "I never" game.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey, I've nursed in a movie theater! But, I have not thrown up in the bathroom there first. You beat me! UGH. Are you feeling ok now?