Thursday, April 06, 2006

Novel Update

So, I found a ticker of sorts for word count. In it's honor, I revamped my blog to help me focus on writing a little bit. This is the "scribe" template. :) Sadly, I'm not good enough with HTML to know why I can't get the sidebar to line up, but I'm working on it.

Novel update:
1) Edited Chapter 8 - I know, no editing till the end of the first draft, but I needed to edit to get my head back in the game
2) I realized I was stuck on plotting because I needed to do a little research. I found a great person to talk to and set up an appointment to talk. YAY!
3) Got back on track with writing daily and found the word count meter to help me stay motivated. Gotta love graphics.

Expect to see my favorite podcasts coming to a sidebar near you soon. Mur Lafferty's "I should be Writing" and Michael Stackpole's "The Secrets" really keep me on track. "The Kissy Bits" is good fun, too.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I love it Rob!

and I will check out those writing resources. I have been meaning to pen a few essays...