Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Now this is encouraging

Agent Kristen tells us today how a killer query letter (and of course a good manuscript to go along with it) got her brand new author from sending a query to receiving a contract from Bantam in TWENTY FIVE DAYS!

She links to her new author's blog where she posts the query letter for the rest of us to learn from. I think lore has it that Stephen King was rejected 75 times or something atrocious like that and this lady hooked an agent and sold her book in less than a month.

I know I'm feeling better about the world of publishing today!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

that was very interesting. I liked but didn't love the successful query letter, so it is interesting that it was so successful.

keep on writing!! :)

Robin L. said...

See, I felt exactly the same way. Other than mentioning the agent's blog it sounded pretty average to me. I'd love to know what set it so far apart... puzzling.