Thursday, December 07, 2006

I'm here, really!

First off - I'm sorry for the sad lack of posts. I have the month of December off from my office job (I refuse to say off from work, because, I'm certainly working!) so, lots less time in front of my laptop. ;) In the interlude, my big girl has turned SIX! WOW!!! Stay tuned for a retrospective in pictures.

For now, I wanted to share a recent conversation. For background, Kira is learning a memory verse every week for each letter of the alphabet at school.

As I'm bringing silverware to the table I hear...

Kira: "Daddy! You took a bite! Mommy isn't here yet and we didn't even pray!"
Daddy: "What? I didn't take a bite."
Kira: "Yes you did, I saw you!"
Daddy: (extra innocent voice) "I don't know what you're talking about, Kira!"
Kira: "K Verse, 'Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies.' John 34:13. I just thought you should hear that, Daddy."

No comments: