Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Here's to Greg!

I discovered the Wiggles with Kira was about 2 1/2. I'd been laid off three times already that year, with one more layoff yet to come. Money was tight. We lived in a tiny, little apartment, and I worked in a very trying job that I couldn't walk away from. Every day, I'd come home, pick up Kira, and whisk her into the bedroom to pick out a Wiggles video. My favorites were Hoop De Do and Yule Be Wiggling, but I usually let her choose. Her favorite Wiggle was Murray, the quirky red head (hmmm.... I wonder why?!) but I loved Greg. We'd sit and cuddle together and I wouldn't do anything, not fix dinner, not change clothes, nothing, till the Wiggles were over. Often Randy would come home mid-Wiggle video and sit down and watch with us. They were so purely happy, so energetic and funny and lovable that between them and my crazy little girl my spirits were lifted and I could go about my evening happily.

So, it is with sadness that I direct you to this link: Greg Wiggle, is stepping down. Apparently he's been suffering from some health issues that make touring impossible. I know he has some beautiful little ones at home that need a healthy, strong daddy, so I understand, but he'll be missed!

2 comments:

Renee' said...

As soon as I heard the news, I thought of you and Kira. So sad.

Jennifer said...

Aw, I know. Feel better, Greg!