Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Where are all the tickers?!

So many goals, so few tickers. Why are they all about weight loss or counting down the days? If I could really write code, I'd create my own, but I can't, alas. So, here are my goals. I'll be updating progress frequently. Maybe I'll add a sidebar for them. Hmm....

Weight loss:
Today, 2/14, zero pounds lost
By June 30, 10 pounds lost

Conservative, yes, because I'm still nursing. I'd rather say 30 pounds, but that's probably not healthy.

Novel:
I'm at 18,712 words today - by June 30th I need to be at 30,000.

Debt:
I'll just go with percentages. No need to tell the world how much I have. Needs to be 25% paid off by June 30th.

Stay tuned for fun little graphical representations of all of the above. :)

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

nice Robin! It will feel great to have accomplished those goals!

I have been meaning to ask: How is the 3 - 10 hour day schedule working out?

Robin L. said...

They're exhausting! (although nothing like you've been doing, I'm sure) I'm up at 5 and still don't get to work till 8 or so between dropping off the girls and commuting, so I'm home by 7:30 at night and in bed by 9:30. BUT, the four days off are fantastic. It's definately worth it, but it's not going to work long term (hence the "pay off the debt" goal and the "write the novel" goal!)

Kathleen said...

wow Robin. that is crazy! what long days! congrats on making it work for now though, and it totally does not seem like a viable long term situation!