Saturday, November 12, 2005

Things I've learned from my daughter...

On food...

Kira: Can I have a bedtime snack?

Me: Sure. What do you want?

Kira: Something sweet that's healthy for you.

Me thinking "Hmm... well, we have nonfat vanilla ice cream..."

Kira: You know, like carrots or broccoli

Yeah, um, exactly what I was going to suggest... I've somehow created a child who's very health conscious and I can promise you that it's nothing I've imparted to her on purpose. I don't know how these things happen. On the other hand, she hates cats, and I don't know how that happened either!

On relationships...

While watching tv at my mom's house she turns to my mom and says she thinks she's had enough tv and they should go to the yarn store.

Grandma: But you haven't seen this show before

Kira: Yes, and I would like to watch it, but loving someone means doing what they want to do, not what you want to do and I know you want to go to the yarn store.


And other times, she locks the cat in the pantry. Life is a mystery.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ooo - she is a wise one! Hope she enjoyed the yarn store! ;)