Sunday, July 09, 2006

T4, T3, T2, and other things my body isn't making correctly

So apparently my thyroid numbers are all pretty normal, but I'm getting worse. He surmised I may have Lupus (I don't think so), Rheumatoid Arthritis (I know I don't), Candida, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, or who knows what else. Great. I was pretty discouraged till my darling husband whipped out his new book, Ultrametabolism. Apparently, I'm nowhere near alone in this phenomenon. Many, many woman have undiagnosed inflammation, infection, and underactive thyroid.

Starting Monday, I'm going on a detox plan to eliminate all the possible culprits from my diet (the most likely offender is evil gluten). Not even my beloved coffee is safe (it's a drug, Randy says, and I'm an addict - well, true). Next, relaxation techniques (which I've always thought were silly - who needs to relax when you can get a latte?), exercise is already in place, supplements, herbs, and a new thyroid medicine - Armour Thyroid.

And the Robin Renaissance continues!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aw, poor you! How is "The Plan" going? Good luck, good luck!

Robin L. said...

I'm on day three of no gluten, dairy, etc... but, um, haven't quite started to cut out the coffee... *gulp*