Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Update

1) I paid my debt at Starbucks today and they told me that they let people do that all the time (skate if they don't have money) and they often come back and pay them. It made me feel good, even though I forked over $8 for lattes - yikes!

2) Update on the Robin Rennaisance - I've lost all the Gigi baby weight. YAY! Sadly, I still have 10 pounds to go to get back to a pre-Kira weight, but I already feel human again. We're still doing the Ultra Metabolism plan and eating lots of vegetarian meals which are cheaper (nice, since the organic produce is so stinkin' expensive). But I'm a little sick of quinoa pasta, so I need to find some new recipes...

3) The novel - poor little word count meter looks stalled, I know. Here's the thing I'm learning. I can turn out the words for a few weeks, then I need to take some time to work on the plot. This is because I don't outline, but the last book I wrote on plot eschews outlining so I feel vindicated.

However - I feel like I'm not making any progress when I take the time to plot. I'm hoping when I actually complete this novel I'll be more comfortable with my process. But for now I'm still fighting the "you'll never get done!" demon on my shoulder.

4) Evidence that I need my head screwed on straight:
  • I've lived in Seattle for 24 of my 31 years and worked at this client for over 3 years... and got lost on the way to work today
  • I work in a campus of several thousand people and discovered today that the security guys know me by name. I'd like to think it's because of my winning personality - but really, I'm sure it's my habit of needing a temporary badge because I've left mine at home.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

You are a very interesting, dynamic person and becoming more so all the time. The Starbucks and badge comments assure me the essence of Robin will remain in the ever growing and maturing Robin. Why do I love that so?