Sunday, November 26, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a very busy, fun-filled Thanksgiving weekend this year. First, we had the "feast" at Kira's school for all the Kindergarteners, and the Thanksgiving Day assembly. I did manage to come up with a Waldorf salad recipe. Whew! Kira and her class recited a Thanksgiving poem, sang 6 verses of O Worship the King, and recited their memory verses, A-I (they learn a verse each week, corresponding with the letter of the week.) The school is very heavy on memorization, but so far Kira is keeping up and it's fun to hear all the big words coming out of her little mouth. I'm not still sure she knows what "ineffable" means. Here she is in her uniform (or part of it - the tights come off awfully quick after she comes home) reciting the poem for me:


Next, was the gathering at my aunt's house. I snapped a few pic's of the girls before we left in their holiday outfits, hamming in front of the fireplace.


After that, Randy cooked me a "gluten free" Thanksgiving at home. YAY! All the bread pudding and stuffing I could eat! Incidentally, I think Kira may have a food allergy that's causing her excema, so she's off gluten and dairy for the next two weeks. I can't tell you how thrilled she is about the special diet.

And, last but not least, my mom threw a Friday Thanksgiving meal for some friends of ours. I didn't think I could eat one more bite of turkey, but Kira "never misses one of Grandma's parties" so she dressed up and attended. She even spent the night for her long awaited sleepover! I know there was a very late night, dessert, hopscotch in the cul de sac with Grandpa and some favorite books, so it's no wonder she said she thinks she likes sleeping there better than our house, but I do still wish she preferred Mommy. Such is the curse of wonderful Grandparents. ;)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Adorable!

Robin L. said...

Thank you!!