Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I'm still here...

Wow, being a stay at home mom and unpacking seem to equal less blog posts!

Thank you to everyone who commented in my post below. I know it will be a lot of work, but I'm already feeling so much more focused and happy (despite missing my friends at work - I really did have some great coffee buddies!)

Gigi seems to love having me home. I'm getting lots of cuddles and kisses. Kira, well, she fell apart in sobs when I picked her up from school instead of Grandma. We had to have Grandma meet us at Barnes and Noble. Sigh. I suppose it's not a bad thing that she adores her grandmother, but it was heartbreaking to hear her saying, between sobs "why can't we see each other?! We should be together!" And I even stayed this morning and helped in her classroom.

I'm also in the middle of revisions for my WIP. Wow. It's hard. I've decided I need only one POV character so I've got a bunch of chapters to rewrite, plus I think I need to storyboard out the timeline. OK, it's almost midnight and I'm thinking that "storyboard out" is not truly a verb phrase, but there you have it. I think you know what I'm talking about. I need some sort of graphical representation of who is where and when to make sure I don't get anything wrong.

And I can't find the first 72 pages that I edited. I'm sure there in one of these many boxes. I remember packing them, but the boxes all look the same...

off to bed, hoping I'll dream of a great way to convert the POV chapters. HA!

3 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

I'm sure it will be an adjustment for awhile for you and the kids. But it will definitely be worth it in the end!

Anissa said...

I'm sure it's just the change in routine. She'll come around. :)

I'm so with you on the edits. I haven't even started, but already I'm feeling it. And yes, I too need a timeline. Decided that this morning. Now I just have to figure out how to go about it. LOL.

We can do it!

Kathleen said...

glad to hear you are still progressing on the book. I am so impresed with how much you have gotten done - though I know you feel like you are behind schedule.

and (((hugs))) about Kira crying. You sound like you handled it really well, but that had to be hard!