Tuesday, February 27, 2007

And the winner is...

No, this is not an Oscar related post. I haven't seen really any movies in the theater this year due to little ones who like to run the aisles, so they just aren't that much fun.

But, I do watch my fair share of television, and I'd like to present the award of "Most Captivating Sweeps Month" to....

Grey's Anatomy!!!

Yes, Gilmore came through with giving Christopher the boot, but as I said before it was handled rather poorly. Studio 60 was amazing, but it's too sad to contemplate the storyline now that it appears to be cancelled. (And traitor that I am I Tivo'd The Black Donnelly's last night). Lost was good as always, but Grey's had me on the edge of my seat, even though I really knew that Meredith would pull through. Plus, any chance to see Dear Denny again is met with open arms!

Also - I'd like to mention the unbelievable choice of "the panel" on Grease to save Kathleen rather than Kate. WHAT????!!!! Kate has such a beautiful, powerful voice, I have no idea what they were thinking. I thought it would be a no-brainer that Kathleen and Kevin got the boot. Their duet was truly painful last week, and sure, Kate and Derek struggled a little, but I'd still have saved her. That must have been one super acting scene that saved Kathleen (though hard to believe after seeing her performance). Ah well.... my pick for Sandy is Laura now, if she stays strong, and has good chemistry with Derek, I think she's a shoe-in! (And smart girl that she was she chose Derek for her scene partner!)

1 comment:

Anissa said...

I have to say I don't watch the Grease show, but have watched the Gilmore Girls for years. And Grey's Anatomy since it started.

You're right, what a great run of episodes about the ferry boat crash! And Denny...ah!

I knew they'd never kill Meredith, she's the Grey and all, but thought for a moment...what if they did? The show could go on, the rest of the cast could carry it. I LOVE Bailey. It would have been a ballsy move, but they could have done it. Would have shocked the heck out of me along with everyone else.

I hope this is a catalyst for some change in Meredith. I like her OK, but sometimes she annoys me a little. The character definitely has room to grow, and here's the chance. Motivation, other than love (which is good too).

I'm excited to see where it goes next!

By the way, do you watch Veronica Mars?