Thursday, February 01, 2007

And the new Top Chef is...

Yep, Ilan won. I realized when he won how much I *didn't* want him to win. The reasoning being that Marcel is just quirky and different enough, that I could understand them going with him, but there's just no way that Ilan is a better chef than Sam. None. Nada.

OK, I never actually tasted the food... but I feel I know this. Plus, Ilan trashed Howard, from season 1, whom I loved.

If you watch the credits of the show, you'll notice a pesky little phrase that says "Some elimination decisions were discussed with Bravo." Uh huh. Read: we don't just pick based on quality of food, but who's gonna be exciting to watch. I know it was really tight between Sam and Ilan and I just wonder if the producers didn't think that a face off between Marcel and Ilan would be the more interesting than between Marcel and Sam.

And did you all notice the way Sam chose to work with Marcel, even though they'd had their differences, because he didn't want more people choosing Ilan. More Top Chef qualities at work.

Ok, that's it, I'm done with the whole thing. I'll just say that I hope the competition opens doors for both Sam and Marcel, regardless of them not winning the entire prize.

1 comment:

HB said...

But, but... Marcel was such a, a... a (grasping for a blog-friendly word) NOT nice person. Ok, I know that doesn't have anything to do with his ability to cook, but I was *really* glad he didn't win.

I completely agree though that Sam should have been in the final, and if he had been there, he should have won.