Thursday, February 08, 2007

Did she do it??

Update on today's goals. Darling husband is home packing, so that first goal is well on it's way. I know for a fact he left the top floor for me, so that's probably what my evening will consist of.

As far as the second... I wrote about 1000 words, then went to insert it and realized I'd covered some of the same ground elsewhere. Grr... this is the problem with taking too long of a break! So, I decided *not* to stop to write long passages. I make a note of what sort of content I think I need, and then I keep editing. This will mean I'll need to do a second pass, and Holly Lisle says you only need one pass, but... this is my first novel and I've just got to get the editing done however I can get it done. I'll refine the process with the next book. (And I finally know what that next book is! YAY!) So I stopped and edited the next 10 pages again.

Probably there won't be any posting till Tuesday. The Great Move should be taking place over the next 4 days. If I can sneak a little laptop time in, I'll post about it, if not - see you all on Tuesday!!

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Anissa said...

I can't even count the number of times I've been through my novel. Never fear. There's always something to catch, which is beyond frustrating.

The funny thing is, sometimes when reading through I'll add something, only to find the next line or two down I'd already included it. Yep, that's my manuscript all right. I think just like myself!

Melissa Amateis said...

Oh, good luck on the move! I moved twice last year and hated it. (Although it was great exercise!)

Thanks for visiting my blog! I actually just finisihed my first World War II novel and I'm in the midst of the great agent search.:) I can't wait until it's on the shelf!

Anissa said...

Hope the move went well!

Anissa said...

Had to add...every time I stopped by and saw the title to this post the following ran through my head:

Can she do it? YES SHE CAN!

I know, I'm a little bit weird. But seriously, *every* time.