Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I've been tagged!

Twice, actually. Once for the Real Mom post, which I promise to get to soon, and now for the 8 things about me. :) I'm doing that one now because I've been tagged TWICE by Melissa and Anissa!

These are the rules:

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

Eight Weird/Random Facts About Me

1. I can talk backwards - and no, I'm neither dyslexic nor possessed, though I get asked about both of those things whenever I reveal this. I used to get bored during lectures in high school, so I'd say all of the teachers words backwards in my head. It was pretty fun trying to figure out how the different vowel blends would sound backwards. So this is all by sound, not visual.

And of course I totally know what Paul *really* says on that album!

2. I love teenagers - especially adolescent girls. I can't wait till my kids hit 13!

3. I didn't even know how to brown a chicken breast when I got married. Now I love to cook! It only took me 7 years. ;)

4. I'd have 10 kids if I could. I love a busy house with lots of people in it. But my organizational skills (and body) aren't up to the task. I'm hoping I can pull off 4, though.

5. I love grammar. I diagram sentences for fun. They used to call me "Grammar Queen" in junior high and bow in homage as I walked into my English classroom.

6. I love school and studying. So college was heaven, because I got to LIVE school. I especially loved finals week.

7. I'm a "gamer chick" and love playing video games. I even worked as a "game play tester" for a while so that my entire job was playing video games for 8 hours a day. Yet, my husband still beats me at almost all of them. Completely unfair.

8. There was a day (today is not it) when I could quote almost word for word three and a half seasons of Gilmore Girls episodes without looking them up. What can I say, I love quippy dialogue! I can still quote a lot of them, but don't pretend I won't miss a line.

The end!

I am now tagging:

Jennifer
Kathleen
Heather

and I think everyone else I know has played already!

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

you're a born writer! ;)

Erica Ridley said...

Great list! How on earth did you get the game tester gig? Sounds fun!

Melissa Amateis said...

You LIKE to diagram sentences? You would have loved my advanced English class in college. That class is the reason I changed majors from English to history. I LOATHE diagramming sentences!

Kathleen said...

Hey, Rob, here is a nice GG tribute I thought you would enjoy (scroll past Mort Sahl): http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/blogs/wolcott/2007/05/admirations.html

Kathleen said...

hmmm, let me try that link again

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/blogs/wolcott/2007/05/admirations.html

Therese Fowler said...

People used to say I should have 10 kids because I'm patient and so in love with my kids. I always replied that the reason I was so patient and loving was because I had only two!

I'm too impatient to worry about sentence diagramming--but I think I understand why you like it.

This is fun stuff...I think you should do eight more!