Thursday, May 03, 2007

You can all stop calling at once...

to find out if I'm ok. I'm not. The rumors are true and Gilmore Girls will not be back for an 8th season.

The real tragedy here, besides feeling like some of my best friends are dying, is that the show really faltered in seasons 6 and 7. Then it looked like it was going to turn things around, and now we'll never have time to get Luke and Lorelai to where they should be.

As far as I'm concerned, the show ended with Season 5's finale "Luke, will you marry me?" *sigh*

I think the writers got scared about really putting those two together. Well the show ended anyway, folks! I hereby solemnly swear not to drag out any romance or plot point because I need to save it for another book - to continue a series. If a book, series, show needs to end sooner in order to be what it's meant to be, then let it end sooner.

At least I have my DVD sets...

2 comments:

Anissa said...

I couldn't remember which seasons disappointed me so much, but you're right--7 & 8. Oh, and when Rory and Lorelai weren't speaking and she took the semester off. I struggled with that.

They promise the send-off the series deserves, but how can they? In two episodes? What, is Luke going to invite Lor on the boat trip? I agree, their story ended when she proposed. Or it should have.

I did not like the Christopher stuff this season either. But then, they did lose the creator due to contract disputes. I could go on and on...it's just sad.

Kathleen said...

hi rob. Just checked in here for that exact reason. Ending the series with "will you marry me?" definitely works for me.
sooooo frustrating.
on a happy note - we should discuss my trip up there, after all it's only 6 weeks away! ;)