Thursday, May 31, 2007

Gigi's first sentence and conversation

This is a few weeks late, but the other day (week) I was unbuckling Gigi from her carseat and said "Mama loves you!" to which she replied in her deliberate, staccato speach:

"I. Do. Too. Mum." and grinned in satisfaction!

Since she's the Queen of abbreviation, this became "I too Mum." and now "Too. Mum."

So then Randy discovered he can have this conversation with her -

"Hi Gigi"
"Hi Dad"
"How are you?"
"Good!"
"I love you!"
"Too Dad!"

And when she's feeling feisty, it'll be "Too Mum!" when talking to Dad, just to see him flip out. ;)

2 comments:

Therese Fowler said...

That IS sweet!

Reminds me of how my youngest (now almost 14!!!) had that kind of "shorthand" speech.

His "I love you" was "I you," all the sounds sort of drawn out together and declared cheerfully.

Sigh. I miss those days!

Kathleen said...

aw! smart girl!