Thursday, May 31, 2007

Update

I've gotta say that blogging from home is so much harder than blogging from work! I do have a new schedule that implements Monday, once school is out, so hopefully I'll be a little more consistant with the posts.

WIP udate: Still editing away. I'm on chapter 17 out of about 40. However, I've been doing a lot of chapter cutting and combining so 17 used to be 25. I don't know if that means I'm almost halfway or over halfway, but I'm still chugging along!

I will say that I used to think I couldn't wait to get to the revisions stage. After all, I do love editing, grammar, sentence construction, and all that. Sadly, what I find I do not love is the major rewriting/revising I'm doing now - moving chunks here and there, strengthening plot points, eliminating characters. I feel like my head is going to explode when I look at my manuscript (Anyone else ever feel like this? Any evidence of writers' heads actually exploding?)

Apparently I like "copy editing" and I'm definately not at that stage yet!

The new deadline is end of June, since I'm clearly not going to make this May deadline...

No comments: