Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Question of the Day

Every night at dinner we do "The question of the day." Kira loves this. We each pick a question to ask everyone at the table during dinner. The following is a transcript of a recent exchange surrounding the QOTD...

Kira: Shall we do the question of the day?

Me: Sure!

Kira: Who has a question?

Randy: I'll go first... name a word that comes to mind when you think of a great husband or daddy.

Me: Randy

Randy: Ha, no, name a trait.

Me: Ok, strength

Randy: Kira?

Kira: Tom*

Randy sadly had just taken a bite of food and is now choking. Tom* is a kid in Kira's class.

Me: OK, well, why does Tom* represent a good husband?

Randy is still choking

Kira: Well, he's the calmest boy in class, and he's really good at studying so I think he'd be good to study with, and he seems like he would take good care of his family.

Me: Well, those all seem like good traits to look for.

Randy has stopped choking, but not yet recovered the power of speech.

I am biting my tongue to stop from suggesting other boys in her class, that *I* would have liked.

Must not interfere. Must let her choose... though I'd rather be letting her choose at 16, not 6...

*Names changed to protect the innocent.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

poor Randy. Glad you didn't need to break out the Heimlich manuever.

Jennifer said...

Hilarious!!

Renee' said...

Hi this is Blaze.
My mom says that I had the same things on my mind at Kira's age. It'll all work out, I turned out okay! :)

Robin L. said...

Aw, yes you absolutely *have* turned out okay! That's good to know. It gives me hope that she won't elope at 16. ;)