Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Under Construction and an update on the novel

Please forgive a little instability as I try to get my January template underway. I'm having more than a few issues, as usual. ;)

Also, you'll notice that my "novel word count" meter is gone. That is because, dun dun dun dunnnnnnn..... the first draft is complete. I've written two different endings and I'm not really sure which one I'll go with, so the word count seemed irrelevant at this point.

What's next, you ask? I'm glad you did... next I'll start the revisions. I'm planning on using the Holly Lisle One Step Revision process. I've heard excellent things about this process and I love that she says it's "once and done." That's probably about all I can manage right now! After the revision, I'll be sending it out to my very kind first readers, then incorporating their feedback, and sending it to agents.

My timeline is as follows:

Jan 31 - Revisions done
Feb 1 - Send to First Readers
?????? - Receive back from Readers with comments
? + 2 weeks - Final revisions done, incorporating feedback
? + 3 weeks - Agent packets complete and begin querying agents. WOO HOO!!!

Nevermind I'm moving, smack in the middle of the timeline. I don't think it will have too much affect on my writing, but you never know. I find revising a TON easier than facing an empty page, so it should go along at a pretty good clip. I also plan to attend Left Coast Crime, if moving permits.

No comments: