Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Walking in a winter wonderland....

We have more snow in Seattle!!! We had another little blizzard last Wednesday, ironically just as I got in my car to go home the flakes started falling, and by the time I got to the bridge, I was praying that I'd just make it home without hitting anyone. Which I did manage to do - whew! It took three hours, but I was just happy to get home safely.

Since we live on a nice steep hill (for now), I was pretty much grounded till Sunday, and looking forward to getting out and to work today when... yes, more snow!

I remember hoping with everything in me that the snow would please, please stick as a kid! Seattle is notorious for snow falling, but not sticking, so snow days were few and far between. This is the snowiest I can ever remember it being. So, I'm trying to enjoy it as much as possible and not worry about being housebound or what's going on at work. It would be a lot easier if I were already in my new house - it's flat where that house is. :) And I can walk to coffee from that house (a requirement whenever we look for a place to live - I can live with 1 bathroom, but I better have a coffee shop within walking distance!)

Anyway, I'm assuming this is the last snow of the season, so Im singing every "snow" song to myself in my head, revelling in the fact that it's finally happening to me. I'm using up all of my hot cocoa and espresso pods and staring at the icicles hanging off of my eaves.


Where it's snowing
All winter through
That's where I want to be
Snowball throwing
That's what I'll do
How I'm longing to ski
Through the snow-oh-oh-oh-oh
Those glist'ning houses that seem to be built of snow
Snow
Oh, to see a mountain covered with a quilt of snow

No comments: