Thursday, January 04, 2007

Size Matters

As I've hinted about in some other posts, we, the Lemkes, bought a house over Christmas. YAY!!!!! There will be a more in depth post on this with pictures to follow, but let's skip ahead to the really important part of this... the dog.

You might have gathered that I'm fond of Boxers, possibly. And I tend to hold very true to my loves. However, this house is moderately sized (1700 sq ft) with a smallish yard. Now, a boxer still might work. She (Dagmar the Boxer) would mostly live inside and it's a very walkable neighborhood and I know she would get plenty of exercise. My concern is that a large dog in a small yard can do a lot of damage and that's not fun for anyone. So, on the off chance that I won't realize my dream of a boxer right away, I'm going to be posting pictures of many smaller breeds of dogs. Please comment on your favorites.

Today, we have a Basset Hound for your consideration. Let's assume this is either Thelonius or Basil the Basset. If it's a girl, Randy wants to name it Beyonce and the juxtoposition of a Basset Hound named Beyonce does make me laugh, but, um, no. I can't think of a cool girl name, so just imagine it's a boy.








No comments: