Monday, April 16, 2007

Carnival!

Yesterday, we woke up intending to go to church. We love church. But both girls looked really, really awfully sick. I think they didn't actually feel that bad, but I've worked in enough nurseries that I can't drop off a sick kid with a nursery worker with a clear conscience, so we didn't make it.

Around 3 we got really stir crazy and the Benadryl was working so we headed up to Home Depot because Randy needed herb plants. Of course, I was thrilled to go to a store selling both plants for the garden and bathroom tile! (More on the tile later). And, what to my wondering eyes did appear but a CARNIVAL right next to Home Depot!!!

I looooover carnival rides. They are up there with concerts and jet skis as some of my all time favorite experiences. So of course we went and had a blast. It turns out that both my girls share my love of roller coasters. Kira went on all the "crazy" rides except the moon raker (neither one of us really wanted to hang upside down). But there was no stopping her on the Tornado, the Sizzler, or the Goliath Slide!

Randy on the other hand rode the Ferris Wheel with her and said it took way too long to load and he had too much time to think about all of the many things that could go wrong. You should see him on an airplane. He's even more fun! (which is usually when I reminisce about the first season of Lost, out loud...)

Gigi really wanted to ride too, but she was too small for everything but the merry go round - which we road 3 times. Every time it would start to slow to a stop she'd furrow her little eyebrows and shout "MORE!" (which is really more like "mow")

So that was my fun Sunday! Clearly we've got a couple of years till Disneyland will be fun, to be fair to Gigi, but I can't wait!

5 comments:

Kimber Li said...

Ooh, I"m not good at carnivals. Except the Merry-Go-Round, I'm a complete wimp.

Erica Ridley said...

I luuuuuurve carnival rides, too! I live walking distance from the Florida State Fair and get excited for that special time of year when the Himalaya and the Zipper come to town. Wish my Home Depot had a carnival, too! How fun!! =)

Anissa said...

I tend to be more like Randy, always wondering what screw isn't tightened and how long it would take them to get out of town if something went wrong. ;)

I can't wait to visit Disneyland with the boys. Actually, I'd love to go anytime, but have decided to wait until we are diaperless...and old enough to enjoy the rides. But it's been so long since I've visited. I love love love Disneyland.

Kathleen said...

I've worked in enough nurseries that I can't drop off a sick kid with a nursery worker with a clear conscience

amen, sister!

I want to hear about the bathroom tile! :)

Melissa Amateis said...

I used to love the Tilt 'a Whirl, but since being on a medication that makes me very prone to dizziness (to the point of even watching someone rocking in a rocking chair will set it off) I can't enjoy that ride anymore.