Monday, April 23, 2007

Ode to "green" cleaners

So, picture me, standing at the stove stir frying dinner. Kira is in the living room with her new obsession: cleanser and a sponge. She's cleaning the entry way tile. And before any of you accuse me of breaking child labor laws, ther are literally only 16 tiles. ;)

Then I hear a scream, and in comes Gigi, running to me.

Me: Kira, what happened?
Kira: I don't know
Me: Why is she crying?
Kira: Um?

I look at Gigi who smells of cleaner and realize it's on her face.

PANIC ENSUES!

I shout for Randy to come down. Leave the stove burning, and rush Gigi in the bathroom to flush her eyes out with water as I'm asking Kira, "Did she get cleaner in her face?"

Kira: I don't know. Maybe. I guess.

Kira is now hysterical saying "I am going to cry now!!!" And procedes to cry as loud as only a red head can. Randy is now holding Kira as she's shouting. Though we both notice that as Gigi tries to grab a sponge, Kira stops crying, then calmly says "I don't want you to have that sponge" and then promptly returns to screaming.

Gigi is now completely fine and I remember that this is a non-toxic, go-ahead-and-drink-it-if-you-must sort of cleanser. WHEW!

Dinner somehow managed to turn out fine.

And I wonder why I have a headache... ;)

4 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

Wow. Thank goodness!

Erica Ridley said...

Oh no! Thank heavens for non-toxic cleaners!!! (P.S.: what kind of cleaner was it? I should stock up...)

Jennifer said...

Gotta love the green stuff!

I also love Kira's "I don't know. Maybe. I guess." That sounds veeerrry similar to conversations had in my house. ;)

Unknown said...

You would be amazed at the bad things in cleaners. I have a free report (no registration required) at my website detailing the health risks of cleaners.

We got rid of all non-green cleaners at our house and even became distributors. With five children we can't afford to risk their health or ours!

If you are interested the report is at www.ahealthylegacy.net.

Marilyn and Cliff