Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Success!

Today has been a good day - although it started out with some serious issues (didn't get coffee in time to prevent headache - Kira coughing like a TB victim), it ended well.

First, my wonderful mother came over and helped me make serious progress in the living room. I can actually sit here at my computer without twitching because of the mess everywhere. YAY!

Second, I seem to have solved the mystery of the drapes. Yes, it's true, I've finally purchased window coverings so that I can't be seen by passers by on the street while typing. It's a wonderful feeling. I went with a brown tweed that's really warm and happy.

I feel like all of this will yield more and better writing, since I'll be able to sit happily at my computer, instead of looking around at all I need to do and wondering who is peering in from the street.

So happiness abounds!

(And if you need a dose of happiness and already have blinds, go check out last week's Lost!)

1 comment:

Anissa said...

Yay! Anything that fosters productivity is a good thing. Ha! I sound like Martha Stewart. "Now that's a good thing."

I hear you on people peeking in. I'm a nut about closing the curtains as soon as it's dark. Funny, in Holland, everyone leaves their front window curtains open. You walk down the street and see them all sitting in their living rooms, doing whatever. It would freak me out. Guess I didn't inherit that gene!