Sunday, April 29, 2007

Work in Progress

And I don't mean my novel for once, but my bathroom!


When we moved in the one and only bathroom in our 102 year old house looked like this:


That's vinyl floor tile put up on the wall with wood strips. WHY? I ask you. If you look closely you can see the white mosaic tile that was pulled off to make way for this vinyl monstrosity. So sad.


Here's a picture of the wallpaper border on my cast iron tub, so that you can fully appreciate the decor of the bathroom. :)


And today it looks like this:



Almost done!!!


Also, I saw this behind the wall - you can't see it very well in this picture, but there are about 4 layers of wallpaper, confirming my belief that the house was built without an indoor bathroom and this room was a butler's pantry. Under the green ivy there's something that looks like a pink flamingo print, and below that is a floral print with a dentil border. It's been really fun for me to imagine who has lived here and what their lives were like as they wallpapered their pantry. ;)


Stay tuned for pics of the finished product!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

wow its looking good! the "before" pics are something. I am glad you were able to see past how it looked, to how great you could make it! :)

Robin L. said...

You give me too much credit. ;) The reality is that I was so distracted by the hardwood floors and ceiling fan in the master bedroom, and the eating nook, that I barely looked at the bathroom and was horrified when I moved in. I started diverting grocery money to my "tile fund"!! But finally, it's all underway and I can shower without closing my eyes. Seriously.