Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Spring Break Day Three (night three, really)

Hm, well some people seem to have preferred the coffee, some the tigerlillies - oh well. I've had this theme on my hard drive for a while waiting for a chance to use it and today is the day! I'm sure I'll change it again in the near future. I'm working on a blog design for the "professional writer blog" to come. It's very cool!

Guess where I am right now? In my cozy brown chair in my clean(ish) living room (thanks Mom!) next to my cozy tweed curtains that are drawn so the people outside (yes I can hear them) can't see me working on my editing. Ok, I'm actually blogging, but just for a sec. I've got a scene that must be rewritten tonight. I'm imposing a deadline!

Also, it seems to be spider season here. I've seen a couple of those big black house spiders lately... the first actually RAN (they're fast) right at me while the four of us were camped out on the floor playing Mario Party and eating ice cream. It clearly wanted to join in the fun! I jumped. Randy told me to get him a cup (we're a no kill household) and Kira then examined it inside the cup and proclaimed "I prefer Suzie... you remember, the spider in our old house?" Yeah, she named the spider that lived under the bathroom cupboard that I could never manage to relocate. I could never look at a spider long enough to name one.

And with that... I'm back to editing...

2 comments:

HB said...

OMG, I do NOT miss those spiders. Man, I hated those - and yes they DO run at you. (Have Randy spray outside once a month - that should help.)

Here we have Junebugs. (Little beetles) But they don't freak me out like those damn spiders did. I can tolorate the Junies on my porch and walkway, and thankfully none have gotten inside. Yet. I hear we have lightening bugs too - looking forward to those!

Melissa Amateis said...

Spiders! Ack!

Sounds like you're plugging away on the editing. Good for you!