Sunday, April 01, 2007

Recap Post

It's been a busy week... mostly revolving around one little toddler and the flu. Really not fun for anyone. She seems to be mostly back to her riotous self, though, if a little thinner, so all is good.

So I have a few things to catch up on!

1) Lost - yes, this gets top billing because it was CREEPY! Also, it didn't really advance the plot, but it was fun to revist old scenes with my favorite survivors. I really didn't like Nikki and Paolo but didn't need to see them go like THAT. It's been my worst nightmare since reading Poe in 5th grade.

2) Novel - STILL editing. Can I just say for a second that pacing is HARD. I feel like I've ripped it all apart and now I'm trying to put it back together with special new and improved "pacing glue". I'm up to about chapter 9 in this process. There are many more chapters to go. Clearly I didn't make my March 31st goal, but the book keeps getting better, so that's good. I think I've done a lot of good work on the two protagonists to make them stronger and deeper. Also good. But the little sidebar tracker isn't really relevant at this point. I'm leaving it there, though, to remind me to keep moving. Once again... pacing is hard!

3) My big goal as a SAHM is to add structure and routine to our days. No more being at the end of a litle Greta whip. Or such is my goal. No luck yet. I'm blaming it on still moving in and DH's crazy schedule (which gets a little more normal as of Tuesday). I am in awe of bloggers like Kimber who seem to have this all together. Once again, if anyone has "schedule" advice send it my way. (and I've read all the books. Really.)

Hopefully I'll assume regularly scheduled blogging now!

2 comments:

Kimber Li said...

Don't put me on a pedestal! My preschooler just tossed a toy pan of pee on me! Yes, pee! Why on earth she keeps playing with her pee escapes me! Ahhhh! (visualize Kimber ripping her hair out) And I can't figure out how to get her to stop to save my life - or my sanity. HH says it's Middle Child Syndrome, but we're at a loss about what to do. Except have another child and that's medically ill-advised. We'll have to wait until we can afford to adopt. In the meantime, I'll be wearing easily-washed yellow clothes. Seriously though, my favorite books on babies and toddlers can be found at
www.babywhisperer.com

Anissa said...

Ack! I hear you on the pacing. Same boat over here. (waving) :)

Slow and steady, that's my editing motto. We'll get there!