Monday, April 09, 2007

Spring Break Day One

I hope everyone had a happy Easter! We went to church, ate lots of sugar, and played Happy Family with my very large family. Much fun was had by all! (And I'm happy to explain the rules of Happy Family for anyone looking for a fun, free party game!)

Kira is on Spring Break today... and sick, so we are pretty much grounded right now. Perhaps a bit too much sugar yesterday? I did find a few spare moments to get some editing done. Whew! It feels good to be back at it. I'll update my meter over there soon, I promise!

In other news, I got some new flowers planted this weekend. I LOVE having my own garden! I've clearly created a monster because Kira looked at the house today and said "With all those colorful flowers, I think the color of the house doesn't suit the garden. We should paint it." Um, yes, we probably should, but let's finish UNPACKING first. ;) Yes, I'm still unpacking. Oh the joy.

Also, I'm reading Susan Grant's SF Romance (that I WON) - My Planet or Yours - and it's fantastic. It's my first SFR and I'm really happy to have discovered a fun new genre. ;)

2 comments:

Kimber Li said...

Good morning, Robin! I'm glad you're liking Susan's book. I'm reviewing her new one MY FAVORITE EARTHLING this Thursday on enduringromance.blogspot.com.

We had a great Easter too, even though my husband had to work. He had the previous week off and that was wonderful. I am totally stocked up on chocolate now!

Anissa said...

Sorry to hear Kira's sick. Hope she bounces back quickly so you can enjoy the rest of the week.

Yay for flower gardens! I've been enjoying my courtyard. I think it may have never looked better. Maybe I'll post a picture. I'm just sad that in a month or so they'll start to wilt. :( But my mom and I swap. I plant and get them going in pots and she takes them for the cooler summers up north. Then they'll come back in October. Flower swap. Twice the enjoyment!

Have a great week!